Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall is here!!!

While I was growing up, my parents used to take me on drives just to see the leaves changing colors.  We would drive the Blue Ridge Parkway, through the national forest, down Route 11, really anywhere Daddy could enjoy the drive and we could all enjoy the beauty of nature changing from one season to another.  I have always loved to see the reds, yellows and oranges.  This year, living in TN, has been very different.

I remember in years past, my best friend from TN asking me to send her pictures of the beautiful fall foliage.  I remember sending her pictures as far back as 5 years ago when we lived in Radford, VA. There was this one street there that was covered with a canopy of Maple leaves reaching across from both sides of the street.  It was beautiful to see the golden leaves with the sun shining through them in beams, illuminating everything like a fairy tale.  Last year, I got these shots of the Maple in front of our home in Salem, VA.




















This year Fall came in with a bang, with cold nights and mornings and hot afternoons.  I swear it doesn't get hot around here until 3:15 pm, about the time I arrive at the elementary school to pick-up my son.  I have literally left the house wearing a sweater and end up sweating and shrugging it off as soon as I get to the school.

We have had tons of leaves fall off the Maples in our yard already this year, but I noticed one distinct difference...the leaves on the trees are still as green and lush as they have been all Summer.

The kids don't seem to mind the color of the leaves, they are just loving having a leaf pile to play in again.  They jump in it, bury themselves, bury each other, hide stuff in there.... there seem to be endless possibilities for a leaf pile.

I took some of these pictures today and a few of them over the past week.  I love having a leaf pile for a backdrop!  I hope y'all enjoy the pics and if anyone spots some trees changing colors please send me your pictures.







  

No comments:

Post a Comment