Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Friday, January 22, 2016

My VT Shawl is over half done and we had time to play in the snow!

Over a month ago I started a new shawl on Mom's Tri-loom and because of life pulling me in so many other directions it had to be put on a back burner til things slowed down.  Today I was finally able to set the loom back up and take some time to work on it as the snow piled up outside. I am proud to say that it is now just over halfway done and I am loving it!

   This is the first shawl I have made with a thinner yarn and I chose to double strand it so the weave wouldn't be too loose when I take it off the loom.  Once the main part is done I will add a fringe to the bottom and a crocheted edge to the top and it will be ready to be sold at Mom's new Etsy store "Something Special....especially for you".  We have both been working hard to build up inventory for the launch of her shop and I think people will love what we have to offer.  You can also like us on Facebook by clicking here and keep up with the local events that we will be attending and latest products that we are offering.






The kids were out of school today again for snow and this time we actually got some....LoL... the last time I measured it was between 6 and 8 inches with more predicted to fall throughout the night and into tomorrow.  The snow we got today was a rather dry snow, so no snowmen yet, but we did get some good snow angels and had a little success with the sled on the smallest hill in Bedford.

 
























(( Our view from the front window this afternoon.  The snow obviously didn't care that the porch was covered. ))


I know Emma and Aiden want to go play in the snow some more before it is gone.  Isabella, when asked, said "No, It's cold and I got wet out there!" LoL... I don't guess she was designed for snow... Maybe she can help bake some cookies tomorrow and stay inside where it is warm (at least for a little while). :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment