Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Stay Home and Stay Safe!

Tonight was a grave reminder that just because the roads don't look bad, doesn't mean that they are safe to travel.  I was out a little later than I intended this evening and on my way home I drove past two accidents just as it was getting dark.  One was up by Walmart in Bedford, VA.  It was a little too far up the road for me to see, but the blue lights were a sure indicator of trouble.  The second one was on Rt. 122 (Moneta Rd.).  The road really didn't look bad and honestly I had been traveling at about 40-45 MPH (though the speed limit was 55) , but as soon as I saw the accident and tapped the brakes I felt the car slide.  As we passed the crash I slowed and asked if there was anything I could do to help.  They had already called the rescue squad and declined help from me, so I kept moving.  You can follow that story on the WDBJ7 website.

There were 3 trucks, 2 small and 1 large, that were smashed in and awful looking!  I heard one of the gentleman that was out of his vehicle tell another that was apparently stuck in one of the vehicles, someone was on the way to help.  Unfortunately, looking at the news article, I don't think they made it.  From the looks of the trucks involved there was enough damage to total all 3 vehicles.  I can only imagine what it looked like when it happened. In my head I can see one of them braking coming down the hill and spinning like a pinwheel taking out the other two trucks.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of the families involved in this awful accident.

Tonight's' snow was nothing compared to what we are supposed to see come Friday and Saturday. Tonight it looked like mostly clear roads with a little snow blowing across it in little swirls, but under that was nothing but ice! When the snow starts falling on Friday, please remember that looks can be decieving and you only get one life! Everyone please, please, please take care in the snow even if it looks like things are clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment