Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Aiden is loving being a Bear Scout! #GrinAndBearIt #BearPicnicBasket #CubScoutsRule

I have to take a moment to say how proud I am of my Cub Scout!  He had a personal show-and-sale at his Great Uncle JJ's auction house on Saturday, from 3:15 to 8 pm, and then went out from 5:30 to 7:30 pm, selling to neighbors, on Sunday! In the end Aiden sold $592 worth of popcorn this year! (that's almost 3 times as much as last year!  Though his shoot-for-the-stars goal was $1100 he was still really excited to sell as much as he did!)  
Thank you to everyone that supported our Popcorn Superhero this year!  
We should be getting our special order popcorn on November 21st and I will try to have it delivered as soon as I can once I get it! #PopcornSales2016
 
Aiden is as motivated as ever to complete Cub Scout adventures and has been enjoying his journey down the "Bear Trail" this year!  He has gathered trash with fervor and started learning how to cook...
 
...and he helped to plan a Carnival with his Den.  He created his own game and helped some of the younger Scouts learn how to play it before he got to run off and play the other Scout's games too!  Unfortunately, there was such much going on that the pictures I did get of the carnival were blurry....Booo!  We had a cool greeting poster that the boys had colored and decorated together and some Halloween Decorations!  Eeveryone I talked to had a great time and I saw plenty of people "Grinning" throughout the evening! #GrinAndBearIt
Every good carnival has good food and this one was no exception.  The Scouts brought healthy snacks to share with the Pack at the carnival.  The ones brought by the Bears were made by the boys as part of the "Bear Picnic Basket" elective.  Aiden's deviled eggs slid around and got a little crazy, but they went over well none-the-less.  (I really need to get a good portable egg tray!)  Some of my other favorite treats were the infamous "ants on a log", pretzel/pencil broomsticks and banana pudding bears! #BearPicnicBasket

Aiden is 54% done with his "Bear Scout" requirements and I am excited to see how many adventures he will complete this year.  So far he has completed 15 adventures as a Tiger and another 18 more as a Wolf Scout!  I keep track of his progress on Scoutbook and he loves seeing his records as he gets new awards.  It's free to track one Scout per family and the prices for Packs and Troops are reasonable too!  I love that I can keep all of his records together in a safe and secure place, but they are easy to print as well if I ever need them! :0)  <-- Sorry for the plug, I don't get paid for it or anything, but I REALLY LOVE this website!

I am looking forward to working with this Bear Den in November to finish up "Grin and Bear it" and "Bear Claws".  Plus, we have a hike on the calendar so maybe we can work on "Fur, Feathers, and Ferns" while we are at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment