Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Friday, October 21, 2016

I made it through a root canal! #RiceDentistry #NewShawls

I started my day with a long overdue visit to the dentist office.  It makes me a nervous wreck just to think about calling the dentist, so actually getting a root canal this morning was a big deal for me!  (I have actually walked out after being introduced to the dentist because I couldn't make myself stay) This time I knew that if I didn't have a root canal soon, I was going to lose another tooth though.  So I saved up the money over a couple of months and finally worked up the nerve to make the appointment and pay for the procedure.   Then there was really no excuse, other than just plain being scared.  Rice Dentistry in Christiansburg, VA made the experience bearable for me and they made me as comfortable as they could.  I really liked the fact that they were fast and I didn't have extra time to get nervous.  They had me in and out in just under an hour for a root canal and filling.  I give Rice Dentistry an A+. 
 
Though I was sore and half my face was numb...I was determined to get some shawls made today.  This is a beautiful "Chocolate and Barley" shawl woven on my looms Small setting.

Then I wove with a yarn called "New Leaf".  I'm not sure where they came up with the name, but the colors are beautiful and perfect for the Fall season that is upon us!
This shawl was also woven on the loom's Small setting.

I was going to move up to Medium after finishing the last two shawls, but then I was inspired to make one last Small using my "Pearls in the Sand" yarn.  I have also added a new method of weaving that involves twisting rows of yarn to create a row with larger spacing.  I am excited to see what this one looks like completed with a ruffle and next I am moving up to the looms Medium setting and adding even more colors and designs to our Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment