Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween 2016! - From my Ghouls to your Goblins!


This year we went back to our old neighborhood in Radford to do our trick-or-treating and we had a pretty good time.  We always stop to see our old neighbors Jim-Rose and Ms Rose & Mr. Robert and Ms. Connie, they love to see the kids growing and having fun! Although poor Aiden has been fighting some sickness, even the Dr. isn't sure what he has, she gave the green light for about an hour of Trick-or-Treating and we took advantage of every moment.  I got him started on his antibiotics tonight, but  he has still been running a low grade fever plus the Dr. wants him on prednisolone (IDK if that is spelled quite right...ooops) and she said that it could hype him up... sooo no school for Aiden again tomorrow, but at least he got some goodies to enjoy while he works on the homework I picked up for him today while I was at the girls class Halloween "party"!  There weren't any costumes at this school, but the Kindergartners at least got to do some Halloween art, play some Halloween games and Dance to Halloween themed videos on the active board!  Plus, their snack was bigger than usual including cookies, popcorn, grapes and a veggie tray, that many of the kids took advantage of! 
 
We got to see some great decorations...and a cute Pom dressed as a Skunk!
This was one of our favorites by far!
 
Of course, we saw some other awesome houses too! Plus, the kids were all wore out and ready for sleep...each complaining of sore legs and heavy bags... and after tripping over her feet twice Isabella came home with a cut and a band-aid, too.  All of them ended up happy with the way their night turned out and I was happy to see them happy! :0)
Last week we got to have some Halloween fun at the school Fall Festival too!
 

 There were lots of great games, fun prizes, bouncy houses, face painting and even a station to build at!  The kids played until the festival was over and it was nice to get to see them focus on the fun vs. focusing on the prizes.  

 
This year Josh won Best overall pumpkin at work with his Devil in disguise... there were horns under the hat and a little pitchfork tail too!  I thought he did a great job and we got a paid date night out of the deal too!  Thanks Aegisound!  

The first pumpkin we bought for Aiden, less than a week ago, started to rot before we could carve it so I had to exchange it... By the time I got back from Wal-mart we didn't have a lot of time so Aiden asked me to carve his pumpkin for him.   He picked the pattern. I did the carving and I think it turned out pretty great!



The girls decorated their pumpkins this year with the push in accessories...but I must say I did have to ask them if they were sure they didn't pick rocks when we broke a couple... lol... 


All-in-all I would have to say I have enjoyed the Halloween season this year and I am grateful for all of the great memories that we have gotten to make this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment