Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Friday, October 14, 2016

What a great week! #Anti-BullyWeek #RinerVolunteerFireDept #Weaving #HappyBirthdayHubby

This has been a great week full of "Family Fun" for us!  We started with special dress-up days at school for anti-bully week.  The girls and I enjoyed a field trip to the Fire station with their class.  I got to have lunch at school wtih all of the kids  Mom and I enjoyed getting to work outside in the cool Fall weather....and last but not least, we have started celebrating my husband's birthday!
The girl's favorite day of anti-bully week was mismatched clothes day signifying that "it's okay to be different!" They had so much fun picking out their "crazy" outfits and even mismatched their shoes.
On Tuesday I joined Kindergarten for a field trip to the Riner Volunteer Fire Dept. The firemen did a great job of reviewing fire safety, home fire drills, what to do in case of a fire and showing the kids what firemen look like decked out in all of their gear.
 
After the "learning" part it was time to have fun and explore the firestation and all of the vehicles they have.  The kids were allowed to climb in and on any of the vehicles that they wanted to and had a blast getting such freedom to explore!  A big thanks to the Riner Firestation for having us out this week and all they do for the community!
Mom and I have also been hard at work on the homestead this week.  Wednesday I was able to finish mulching the path in the garden, moved the compost piles and mowed most of the yard.  Mom cleaned out the chicken coop and started some new compost in one of the bins before heading back inside to get ready for market on Thursday.  Plus we gave the cat a flea bath! (I'm really glad Snowy doesn't fight a bath too bad!)  
Yesterday and today I have been working on a woven baby blanket for my new cousin, Adrienne.  She should be making her appearance in November and will need some good blankets to keep her warm this winter.  Mom and I wanted to make "something special" for Adrienne and we hope that this blanket will become a favorite comfort item for her!
 
I have always woven shawls on my loom, but it is also the perfect size for making baby blankets.  This was woven with three strands of baby yarn at once which has created a nice basketweave type pattern.  I used a strand of mint green, pink and white through the whole piece and they blended together beautifully.  I am also super impressed with how soft this piece has turned out and look forward to seeing the finished product.  Mom and I are still deciding the best way to attach the two panels and what kind of edging we want.  Though we are leaning toward a ruffled edge all the way around, I really like the raw edge it has straight off the loom too!
 
Last, but not least, today we started celebrating my husband's birthday and plan to continue celebrating over the next couple of days with both of our Moms.
  The kids and I went out last night and got him some presents, balloons and flowers.  We hit up the Dollar Tree for Mylar balloons, a card, some candy, an outlet extender and a magnetic fridge clip with googley eyes.  Then we headed to Walmart to get flowers, per Isabella's insistence, and a couple of things I had been meaning to pick-up.
Josh waited until the kids got home from school to open his presents and share a donut with the kids.  --And in case anyone is wondering...Josh was offered a cake and he declined...so he got a brownie to hold his candles and a dozen donuts to go with it instead!--  After presents we went out for a good Mexican dinner finishing off a nice week with a good meal!  Happy Birthday Sweetums!  I'm glad you had such a good birthday this year and I'm looking forward to celebrating you with Momma on Saturday and Mom on Sunday!  It's been great growing another year older with you and I am looking forward to many more... I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment