Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Aiden is graduating Pre-school!!!!


This year was Aiden's first year in public school.  He has gone for the full day 5 days a week and has been riding the school bus to the preschool class and everything!  It has been a long year with lots of learning and some fun here and there and it is almost over... finally!


Each week his preschool teacher sends out a newsletter and this week it made me tear up a little.... I can't believe the time has flown by like it has, but I will be grateful for summer break and not having to get Aiden up for a school bus for at least a month or so.  In the meantime, Aiden still has to graduate preschool and it sounds like his class has a fun ceremony planned for us.....


I plan on having my video camera ready so that we can share this event with everyone that won't be there, Aiden is excited that his Grandma's are going to be at his graduation ((and we are excited to have some help with the girls so that we can capture some of the excitement in pictures and videos)) I have seen Aiden grow and mature as he prepares to start formal education and I have seen him bring home influences of his school mates (much to my dismay sometimes).  At Kindergarten orientation I found it alarming that 2 of the 3 teachers were almost advocating holding children back in preschool because the Kindergarten cirriculum is so much more stringent than it used to be.  There is no more nap, the day is divided into academic sections as long as 45 mins or longer sometimes, and the kids are even given SOL's.   I think a lot of Aiden's issues in preschool may have stemmed from boredom and some I am hoping that Kindergarten being a challenge will help with that.  He has struggled with focusing on one thing at a time and learning about personal space, but he has also excelled in academics so I have faith that he can and will succeed in school, his teachers may just  need a little extra patience though.  I was comforted when the Vice Principal said she thought Aiden was ready for Kindergarten, he has seen her enough that I figure she should have a good perception of his abilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment