Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Aiden went on a road trip to Dayton!!!


Some days being a parent can be an overwhelming job.  There is always someone that needs something and always some sort of chore that you should really be doing instead of relaxing.  The days that even one of the kids is away still feels like it is missing something, but it good for them to get the chance to do special things with their Grandma's.
This weekend has been different for me, because I haven't seen my little man very much of it at all.  On Friday night he got to go out with his Grandma to see his very first movie in theaters (Monsters Inc 3D) on Saturday I worked some extra hours and then he got up Sunday morning and took a road trip with his Grandma Dee-Dee and Uncle Michael to visit his Great-Grandma Peggy, Aunt Cara and Grace all day. ((Merry Christmas -- I hope you enjoyed your gifts and seeing Aiden, wish the rest of us could have come, but hopefully we will all be there next time.))

From what I hear they had a spectacular time!  Not only did they get to visit and check out bunches of cows (Aiden even let a calf suck on his finger) and play in the snow.  Aiden even managed to get his Great-Grandma in on the snowball fight. I am so happy that he was able to go on this excursion, but even though it was my idea to send him, I still thought about him and waited for him to come home all day long.  It was great to see his smiling face and get a good report from his Grandma Dee-Dee to boot.
 
 

Recently J and I have started watching One Tree Hill, an awesome TV series BTW, from the beginning after catching the last few seasons of the series on air. It has been neat to go back to the beginning of the whole story and find out how things came to be and the sequence of events that lead up to each change.  If you have never seen Tree Hill, I would recommend this show whole-heartedly.  ((I will warn you though that once you are hooked it's gonna take awhile to watch them all.)) :D

Let's see, what else? The kids are growing by leaps and bounds. Aiden grew like 4 inches in 4 months, I know cRaZy right!!! Izzy and Emma love music as much as their big brother and are too adorable when they dance.  J and I got our first tablet for Christmas and we love it sooo much.  

We have decided to try an electronic calendar now that we have the tablet.  I have always carried a schedule book in my pocketbook and had a calendar in the kitchen, but now that I don't drive to work I rarely seem to have my planner and the calendar ran out of months. Oooops.  I remember when I was a child everyone sent out calendars, we literally had calendars running out our ears by the end of January.  Now, not so much.  So electronic calendar here we come.... I have started with the basic Samsung Calendar App which was already on the tablet... So far I like it ok, but I am thinking there may be better options out there.  I may have to do some research into this.
 

Tonight I have scattered pictures, courtesy of Momma, of their trip to Dayton, VA from January 5, 2013! Thank- you so much for sharing your fun experience with all of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment