Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Scout Sunday at BUMC!

I want to say "Thank You" to everyone at Bethlehem United Methodist for making our Scout Sunday awesome!  We had a combined celebration for the Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts from the community today and it was so nice to see both groups together. I loved being able to greet people as they got to church this morning and the boys really enjoyed saying "Good Morning" and handing out the bulletins. (They got so excited that a few people got more than one bulletin...lol) The Girl Scouts helped with greeting too and taking up the offering during services.  
I think that Scout Sunday is such a great way to teach the scouts that the good deeds they do and service projects they work on are how they "do their duty to God" or "Serve God".  I also loved seeing how many people in attendance had been involved in scouting over the years and how far they got with the program or how long they volunteered as a leader.  We even had a Senior Girl Scout and at least seven Eagle Scouts in attendance today.  
After services the whole congregation was invited back to the fellowship hall for cake and refreshments!  I am so excited that everyone loved the cake I made and I am looking forward to baking the next one already!

No comments:

Post a Comment