Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

We made it back to Bedford! #DandelionJelly #KidsGotAFeverAgain #SpringBreakIsOver

Today was the last official day of Spring Break for my kids and so I let them sleep in a little at my husband's place before we headed back to my Mom's to get ready to get back into our school schedule.  It did make me a little late to the BUMC Children's Ministry meeting, but I was in time to take care of Scout Sunday arrangements so that's a plus. I am hoping that more of the Scouts from our Pack will decide to join us before next Sunday so that we can have a good representation...if not at least a couple of them will get to experience the honor of participating in a Scout Sunday Service.

As soon as I got home from my meeting Mom took off for a weaving meeting and the kids and I took the opportunity to surprise her with enough dandelions to make a batch of dandelion jelly.  It took us so long to process the flowers and get the yellow separated from the green, it may be the only batch of dandelion jelly she ever does, but we will see.

Once the yellow part of the flowers were separated and we got up to 4 cups of that part of the flower it was time to steep it in water and let the "tea" sit overnight.  Tomorrow it will be drained through cheesecloth and then turned into jelly from there.

Otherwise, today was not a super productive day and I am ready to send the kids back to school...but wouldn't you know Aiden popped up with a fever this afternoon and now we get to go to the Dr. with him tomorrow instead.  I think it is time to take a cue from the cat and try to get some rest before this crazy week gets kicked into high gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment