Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

What a nice day! #Anniversary #Chicks #LuauCake

Yesterday afternoon, I had the urge to go see my husband and spend the night with him.  This year has been a new experience for us, not living together during the week.  I just wanted to wake up beside him on our anniversary, so I took off and surprised him.  Today is our 9 year wedding anniversary and I got to marry my favorite man in the whole world! These are the flowers and card he had delivered for me today!  I love Josh to the moon and back and I am so glad that we found one another.  He makes me smile and laugh.  He holds me when I need a hug and he always has my back.  My husband is my bestest friend and a wonderful father to our children!   Happy Anniversary my love!
It's hard to believe, but our chicks are just a little over a month old now!  They are almost fully feathered, with just a little down around their faces and will be ready to join the flock soon!  They actually have 3 more weeks before they are supposed to go outside full time and then 2-4 weeks after that they will be big enough that the bigger birds should be a little nicer...they tend to pick on babies...
The chicks are testing out their wings now and we are having to keep them covered all the time...this becomes a bit challenging when they have to be moved in and out of the house each day to get them used to being outside... but we are back to the routine of running chicks in and out each day until we can make them a permanent home outside and the weather quits being bipolar.
I made a lot of progress on the Luau birthday cake for my son's girlfriend's party Saturday afternoon.  Tomorrow I will make the tiki-hut to go on top and add a few extra accents to finish it off and it will be ready for delivery!  Aiden likes what I have finished so far and I know Chloe will love it too!   I really wanna go finish it now, I am so excited how well it is turning out, but alas it is time to rest and prepare for another day!  Plus I decorate better when I'm not tired! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment