Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Things are coming together! #FarmLife #Gardening

I had gotten behind a couple of days on blogging and in my effort to catch up I have forgotten everything I've done in the past couple of days...but I am tired enough that I know I have been working pretty hard at least.  I did get the last of the second load of manure unloaded and distributed.  Some of it went into the compost pile, some went into the last garden bed and some was used to make strawberry and rhubarb beds.
Unfortunately it is supposed to rain for the next two weeks and that is going to make the third load of manure much heavier, but from the looks of things one more load should take care of what we have going on this year! 
Of course I needed help catching all those worms and keeping them out of the garden....lol...At least there were plenty to go around!
The strawberry beds are complete with mulch and ready for the season...we are planning on capturing the shoots in small containers so they can be replanted where we want them and otherwise all this garden should need for the rest of the year is watering, minor weeding and harvesting!
The orchard is completely mulched and the kids are glad to be ungrounded...though they didn't help as much as I would have liked them too...sometimes it's just easier to do things ourselves though I do feel like an terrible Mom when I let them off easy...I just keep telling myself this was a big punishment for a small infraction, but then again following directions is one of the things my kids struggle with the most....so what am I teaching them...anything?...I hope so...I keep trying anyways and that's more than some parents can say!
These are our rhubarb beds, we planted three plants and are still waiting for them to sprout.  One of the tubular roots was pretty ify looking, but I am hopeful that we will at least get two started this year!
I am sooo excited to have this project almost complete and ready for planting...today we finished mulching the path and with any luck I will be able to get the rest of the cement blocks I need and another load of manure to finish it off in the next two weeks just in time to get past the worry of frost!
 
Our mulch pile is quickly shrinking... The picture on the left was what we started with yesterday and the picture on the right is what was left after today!  There are a couple of low spots in the yard that we want to fill in with the remaining mulch and then hopefully I will be done mulching for the year too!
Snowy will be sad to see the mulch pile disappear as she does enjoy playing in it, but then again she lost a mouse in there...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment