Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Congratulations Corey and Emily! #WeddingCake


Yesterday I traveled from Christiansburg, VA to Bedford, VA to pick up the cake for the Blevins-Glessner wedding today!  I went back early in the morning to get the van cleaned out and packed for the trip to Galax, VA.  I had the cake, the flowers for the wedding, clothes for the wedding and the trip home, 2 of my 3 kids and we picked my husband up on the way (I couldn't fit all 5 of us in the van with the cake...hehehe).  It was about a 2 1/2 hour stressful trip with a huge cake that I worried over the whole time.  It was fine of course and everyone loved it, but I was so worried something was going to happen to it on the way and I was going to have a time and a half trying to salvage what was left...lol...I'm so thankful that everything turned out okay and there were no major catastrophes! 
Unfortunately, once I got to Galax I had absolutely positively no cell service at all whatsoever.  It was a shock to my system for a minute, but I resolved to using my phone as a camera and blogging when I got home!


Today was the big day for my cousin Corey and his Bride Emily as they said their vows and tied the knot.  I was very proud of my children and my nephew Logan for being so well behaved during the ceremony, which was very beautiful.  From there we went to the reception for a salad and pasta lunch followed by toasts, dancing, bouquet and garter tossing, and (my favorite) the cake cutting!



Isabella got into the bouquet toss and dove for it when it hit the ground...and she was super proud to get to take it home!  Even during her nap on the car ride home she kept it in her hand and was still holding it when she woke up!  Emma was a little jealous and Isabella was a good big sister and gave her the charm that was hanging from the flowers.




Without further ado I present the Glessner Wedding Cake! This cake is a white chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream frosting.  The result was a 166 serving cake that was 3 beautiful tiers that everyone love including the happy couple!

The cake turned out being taller than I am and was stunning with the flower arrangements I put together along with the awesome fountain and cake stand! I worked on this cake for about 2 weeks on and off, but total time to make and decorate was probably about 17-20 hours to prep, bake, and decorate including flowers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment