Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Trying something new! #CakeWithFruitFilling #Yum

I have an order coming up for a cake with fruit filling... something I haven't tried to do before... so of course I had to test it out and see how well it worked.  Since we eat dinner at church most Wednesdays I thought it would be the perfect place to take a test cake so Mom and I didn't have to eat the whole thing...Everyone that tried it loved it and I was super excited that the cake did not get soggy at all with the jam in the middle.  That was my biggest concern and I am glad to set my mind at ease knowing it won't be a problem after all.
This cake was a french vanilla cake with strawberry/banana jam in the middle and vanilla frosting on the outside.   Mom made the jam for me to use in the cake and she will be sending the extras to the Strawberry Festival with her friend...Though we are taking orders for jams and jellies.  They cost $4 for half a pint and currently we have strawberry/banana jam, strawberry jam, violet jelly, coffee jelly, strawberry/kiwi jam, champagne jelly, lilac jelly, and a floral blend....and of course if you like what you see above these cakes are available to order and I would be happy to make one of these delicious treats for you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment