Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Good day on the farm!

Mom planted some zucchini a few days ago...these plants are known to be affected by "squash bugs" which are very destructive, especially when they are young...so to give our zucchini the best chance of growing into mature plants we put netting over the bed to deter the bugs...Mom says that they should only have to be covered for about a month and then the netting can be removed and used to protect the young trees from the Cicadas that should be emerging in massive numbers in early July this year!
These are a couple of the young plants!  We even weeded this part of the garden before adding netting for a month!
"Spark" has moved to the basement...I hope I can still catch her to groom her down there, but at least I have made a lot of progress and I have gotten the two biggest mattes of hair off each side of her...there are still a few under her chin and on her belly that she is being stubborn about...As always I have 10,000 things going on at once, but never fear...she will have a proper haircut soon enough...until then at least she is out of the hallway so there will be room for my brother's dog when she comes to visit at the beginning of June. "Snowy", Mom's cat, is not happy about either of the other cats in the house...maybe one day she will have a change of heart! 

I did get my replacement cake baked today and was much more successful in that venture and I helped some Cub Scouts build rockets and then we talked about our upcoming hike, listening to the sounds in nature, and kite safety.  All-in-all today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment