Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Friday, May 6, 2016

Wavy hair and field trips...Sometimes I love being a Mom! #AmazementSquare

 
Isabella, on the left, and Emma, on the right, let me take their braids this evening...the wavy hair looks cute on both of them...It was their first time seeing what letting braids dry in your hair can do...Isabella said "I've never had curls before!" with glee...and Emma thought the results were "beautiful"...I wonder how often they will want their hair like this?  I really enjoyed getting to braid their hair so I won't mind as long as they give me some advanced notice and don't ask at bed time...they will ask for about anything if it means delaying going to bed...lol...
 
I was grateful today to get to go on Aiden's 2nd grade field trip to Amazement Square in Lynchburg, VA.  I really enjoyed the museum and so did the kids!  We had three parts to our visit (exploration, directed learning and tower time) Since each part was only about 30-40 minutes long we had to move through the 4 floors of displays fairly quickly, but they had some awesome interactive learning stations including feeding birds fish and clams, rolling golf balls on different inclines and around loop-de-loops, rock band equipment to actually play, painting on the walls, a teriffic waterways and weather display and so much more that was all hands on!  I would really like to take all three kids back and plan to stay for a few hours so that we could really explore and have time to explore the tower from the observation deck at the top to the slides that take you from the 4th floor down to the second.
Aiden and the other kids really enjoyed the tumble mat and climbing net, while I enjoyed some awesome stained glass windows and negative space board!
It looks like we are going to have five ducklings in Silver's nest this year, I didn't get home early enough to take pictures this evening, but they are such cute little fluff balls I can't wait to show them off!  Four are yellow and should be grey and there is one that is black and yellow.  I will do my best to get some good pictures tomorrow...

...plus I am decorating and delivering two cakes tomorrow and will be taking lots of pictures of them too...stay tuned for more on that soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment