Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, May 9, 2016

Things are growing good at the "Something Special Homestead" ! #LifeOnTheFarm #Gardening

 
I have been working hard on Mom's garden all year and it is starting to fill up with all sorts of awesome vegetables.  We have peas, asparagus, zucchini, mint, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, chives, carrots, cucumber and beets that have been growing for awhile.  I just got the sweet banana peppers, green bell peppers, and watermelon planted too!
The watermelon plants were my Mother's Day present from my Mom and I am very excited to have them to add to her garden this year.  I am hoping that planting them in the hay bales will provide all the moisture they need to grow some awesome juicy watermelons!
The girls have been very good about enjoying the ducklings from a distance until today...then the suspense was more than they could bear and they just had to have a turn holding a baby duck!  Silver was very good about letting the girls hold the babies and they were good about being gentle!  I was so proud of all of them!
Snowy as usual was slinking around the yard fast on my tail today...so I snapped her picture by the wild rose bush in the yard.  She is such a pretty kitty for how hateful she is towards the other cats!
 
Since we haven't had much rain in the past couple of days we had to water our saplings to make sure they get a good start.  Several of them are starting to sprout some leaves which is very exciting!  I can't wait to show the scouts how they are doing when they come back in a couple of weeks to launch rockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment