Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

I've been a cakin' #WhiteChocolateCake and a #MinionBirthdayCake

I had orders for two cakes today!  Now, cakes are a last minute business when it comes to decorating to ensure a fresh cake.  I am able to bake them a little in advance and freeze them until it is time for the decorating.  

I started with the "Strawberry Banana Delight" cake.  It consists of four half layers of cake with a delicious Strawberry Banana Jam in between each layer.  To keep the jam from seeping out from between the layers and oozing down the sides of the cake I piped an icing dam around each cake before spreading the jam filling.   This order actually created a demand for strawberry banana jam that inspired Mom and I to make some ourselves and she will be selling the remaining jars at market when she returns in June.  Once people taste it I'm sure they'll come back for more time and again!

I used a vanilla icing and sliced strawberries to decorate the cake and then sprinkled a little powdered sugar on top to finish it off!  I can't wait to hear how the customer liked it!
The second cake I made today was a birthday cake...I love the Minions and I am proud of how nicely my Minion cake came out!  The whole cake is edible, but since most people will peel the fondant off and go for the cake underneath I made sure that the part they would most likely eat was Awesome!  The cake is white chocolate and the icing is an amazing white chocolate buttercream that could seriously make me fat...lol...but really I could totally eat it all day every day and be happy as a lark :0)




No comments:

Post a Comment