Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Reading and Weaving!!! #Triloom #Divergent

This weekend I took a little time to relax and I got some reading and weaving done... 
When I moved the Triangle Loom to Christiansburg we had limited space to set it up, but it found a home in a corner of the bedroom.  This shawl is the second part of an order that was placed at the Lavender Festival and I am pleased to say that it is over halfway completed!
The yarn has a fancy name, but we are calling it charcoal for the sake of argument... lol... The lighting is always off no matter what camera I use, but it is a dark grey almost black color.  When the shawl is finished it will have a simple crocheted edge added to the top!  I hope to have this order filled by the end of the week and have a new shawl started next weekend!
Divergent series
As far as reading goes I know I am getting a late start reading these books, but better late than never right?... I read Divergent this week and absolutely loved it!  Veronica Roth in an amazing writer and spins an awesome tale in the Divergent series... The movie Divergent is decent in comparison to the book... we watched it again last night once I finished reading the book... I do think some of the original story was lost in translation, but I am still interested to see how both the books and movies turn out!  Since DH is so excited about the release of the third movie "Allegiant" and it completes our collection we got it while it was on sale... Though I rarely do this I am going to keep watching the movies with him before I finish reading the series and I will hope that it doesn't ruin the books for me... and I now we are off to watch Insurgent... tomorrow starts another long week...((Mom and I will be sorting for the yard sale and cleaning the garage in addition to the everyday Homestead responsibilities))...so I am off to relax while I can and I can't think of any better way to do that than watching a movie with my hubby!  Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment