Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, June 6, 2016

Whew what a weekend! #StaplesOut #FamilyTime #Gardening


I took Aiden to the Dr's office on Friday to have his staples removed and he was a champ.  He said it hurt just a little, but it was nothing compared to the pain of having them put in....and now he has his staples in a little specimen cup in his room...cause he's a kid and that's what kids do...lol... he has even tested them to see if they are magnetic... I'm glad he's still full of such wonder :0)

 I actually had four kids with me at the Dr's office and they all behaved very well for that part of the day.  I wish I could say that the whole day was just as nice, but as energy waned the kids became less and less co-operative and my day didn't go quite as planned. We did get most of the house cleaned again and I think after four more days of trying I have finally convinced them to try to keep it clean until Grandma gets home on Friday night!  One can hope...right....Right!?!...lol

We spent the weekend doing some car maintenance, gardening (I got some more tomatoes planted), washing cars, trying to get cars cleaned out, pulling weeds, shelling peas and putting laundry away.  It was a kinda blah weekend in that regards, but it was nice just to be together as a family doing household stuff and getting to take "Nerf Gun War" breaks and to see the kids ride by on their bikes while we were getting some things taken care of. 

One of my major accomplishments for the weekend was getting cages around the first 13 tomato plants that we put in.  Just like everything else green around here the tomatoes have really taken off in the last week and they needed to be supported so they can continue to flourish.  I started with the hog wire cages we got out of my sisters old garden and a few plain wire tomato cages I found laying around and then I used up some fencing, some wooden stakes and some old weed-eater string to give each of them a support cage!  As fast as these plants have started to grow I am excited to see just how big they get through the growing season!

On Sunday around noon we tried to take Josh to the airport so he could head off for his last week in Manchester, NH....the kids and I waited an hour for his plane to take off....waited another 15 minutes because it was late coming in from the last airport it was at...watched all the other passengers get on the plane wondering if we just missed seeing him....and then we brought Josh home for another night due to a cancelled flight on the second leg of his journey...Since I was watching Aiden's friend again this afternoon Josh drove himself to the airport for round two and successfully made it to NH this evening.  We will miss him again for the next few days and will be sooooo happy to see him again late Thursday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment