Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer Fun! #RiverviewPark #NewRiver #ChasingFireflies

To some people a playground is a playground, but to kids if it's not new and different it is boring...so instead of always going to the same park we switch things up to keep the kids interested.  This gem is Riverview Park.  It's on the west end of Radford and features a boat launch, a basketball court, a playground with swings, a climbing wall and a few good fishing spots.
This visit was timed just right and we were still at the park at dusk when the fireflies came out.
We love to catch fireflies and watch them light up , but we had a hard time keeping them alive until the next morning so even though I hated the disappointment I never used to let my kids capture and contain them past bedtime.  I read several articles on fireflies that said scientists aren't sure if or what fireflies eat...and no one else seemed to know how to keep them alive in captivity either...then a few years ago my BFF Christy told me that they like white clover flowers...so now when we catch fireflies we make sure to give them plenty of white clover flowers in their jar and some air holes...I am pleased to say that they have lasted up to three days with fresh clover flowers each day!


No comments:

Post a Comment