Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Yard Sale prep, Outdoor Adventures and a little weaving too!!

Yesterday was a long day of cleaning out the garage with Mom and unloading a trailer load of trash for my sister (with my brother's help).  It wasn't a very exciting day, but we were finally able to get the second peg board hung and some shelves rearranged!  I am very happy with the progress and I am confident that we will have made a big dent before our yard sale on Friday and Saturday! 
Tomorrow we are going to be finishing up the garage, moving some animals around and finishing sorting through the basement. Then Friday and Saturday we will be having a huge yard sale with 4-6 families all at the Homestead!
With such a busy weekend coming up the kids and I took a little time to explore Radford this afternoon.  We were hunting for honeysuckle... which sadly we did not find... but we still had a good time and found some prospective fishing spots too!
This gem of a spot is below the Demon Center at Radford University.  There is a nice walking path that goes along the river behind the practice soccer fields with easy access to the river.
We walked all the way down to the railroad bridge and stopped to draw in the sand on the way back to the car. 
My bug magnet of a son found an inch worm hanging down from a tree that became our friend for the afternoon!  He was a fast little bugger and I love the way they bend when they crawl!
I am intrigued by the island in the middle of the river and one day maybe I will get the chance to explore it... until then I will settle for exploring the river banks and playgrounds in the area! :0) ...and of course weaving when I can squeeze in a few minutes!
This is the beginning of my latest piece. I am working on a Windsor blue and Forest green plaid pattern this time that I am totally excited about.  When I saw these colors I just had to have them and I think the finished product is going to be amazing.  So far I am only about half way done, but I hope to have enough yarn for a fringed border!  For now I have to put a pin in this project until I can get past the yard sale and whatever 4th of July festivities we find to get into... but hopefully I will be able to finish it up before our family vacation in July!    

No comments:

Post a Comment