Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I've missed blogging!

I hope y'all have missed me as much as I have missed you!  It's been a crazy few days around here and I haven't had my computer with me to blog about any of it!!! First and Foremost, I hope everyone had an awesome 4th of July weekend this year...Ours didn't work out quite as we had planned, but we have a vacation next weekend that should more than make up for that.... 
We started off our holiday weekend with a two day yard sale... though it was super hot, it didn't rain on us at all and we had lots of traffic!  Plus, we sold five ducks and thinned out the flock a little.
Once the yard sale was all cleaned up on Saturday it was time to find some 4th of July fun... but time was not on our side on Saturday (it took us two hours to leave after the yard sale and we were too late to go to the Monster Truck Show and I left my computer behind) ...on Sunday it rained for most of the day so that killed our chances for outdoor fun for the most part.  We spent some time reading and watching movies and made the best of our time cooped up while it was raining and we go to see a nice fireworks show at Auburn Hills Golf Course at dusk, so the whole day wasn't a bust...
 On Monday it was raining even more than Sunday so we were stuck inside once again....  Josh made us all some awesome red, white and blue Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast for breakfast and we talked to the kids about what Independence Day was all about...(and No it's not all about fireworks!)... Then we spent most of the rest of the day getting caught up on season 18 of Big Brother while the kids played and watched TV.   Since the kids do enjoy fireworks so much, we attempted to take them to Christiansburg for another show, but it started raining about the time the fireworks were supposed to be lit...so we drove across town to Radford to see if we could catch their show instead and it had been done early...SMH... Nobody can say we didn't give it our all... It just seems like some things just weren't in the cards for us this year!  At least the kids got to enjoy some July 3rd fireworks and they weren't too disappointed by the rain on the 4th :0)
Fast Forward back to today...It was a pretty calm Tuesday... I filled my day with housework, weaving and taking care of the kids.  Then I took off with the girls to go visit my cousin in the hospital while Aiden and Josh hung out.  On the way to the local hospital to visit one cousin I got a picture from a hospital in MI announcing the birth of another cousins baby.  Pictured above is the newest member of the family "Lila Mae"!  Congrats to Bree and Alan!  My prayers go out to all of my cousins tonight, some as they celebrate new life and some as they prepare for new life... some as they celebrate good news after a most recent medical scare and some as they face their worst fears and major life changes and/or surgeries!  I pray that they will all be okay.  Please lord be with them as they celebrate and as they look for hope to hang onto.  Please let them feel the love that is out there for them.
honeysuckle | flowers | Pinterest Strawberries and Banana
 A day filled with so much emotion should be filled with sweetness and I'm going to fill my day with jellies and jams!  Tomorrow I will be making some unique flavors...They are Something Special....especially for you ;) from the Something Special Homestead in Bedford, VA!  I am going to start with a honeysuckle jelly, then I am going to move on to a Strawberry/Banana Jam...and if there is enough time I will finish up with a batch of Red Raspberry Jelly!  If I'm really really luck I will get to work on my latest shawl as well and I will be able to start on the fringe soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment