Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Baking Blunders.. then Success... and then some Fun with Friends!


Blueberry Lemon Bread with Lemon Glaze I know what you are thinking... man does that look like some yummy bread!  I thought so too... so this morning I started in gathering ingredients and kitchen tools to make me a batch!  I got everything I needed together and went to work measuring and stirring, greasing my pans and baking a new recipe!  The batter looked a little too thick when I put it in the pan and I kept feeling like I forgot something, but I couldn't figure it out... until I took them out of the oven and took a bite.... I forgot the sugar... ugh... and let me be the first to tell you it did not taste good without sugar!  Maybe tomorrow I will have better luck with the Blueberry Lemon Bread!

Today I did successfully make two large loaves and nine small loaves of Zucchini Bread plus five small loaves of Apple Carrot Bread that are headed to market with Mom tomorrow along with my shawls, jellies and jams!  This is the busiest weekend I think we have scheduled so far and I am hopeful that we will get some good exposure and sell lots of our products!

After I got everything ready to go to market it was time to get some fresh air and for the kids to release some energy!  Since we were headed to Salem I had arranged a get together with Aiden's GF and her family already and the kids were super excited to get to go to "Chloe's house"...we had a great visit and dinner and all the kids went to sleep really easy tonight! ....hehehe...
 
...we even got to have s'mores after all the pool fun was done for the day to give a sweet ending to a sweet day!  Isabella asked if there were marshmallows when a little campfire was lit, but then she just wanted to eat them off the roasting stick without roasting them at all...at one point she put a cold marshmallow on the hot poker...took it straight back off and shoved the whole thing in her mouth and then she took another unroasted marshmallows and squished them between her cookies the best she could to make her s'more...I have to tell you a roasted marshmallow between two Girl Scout "Thank You" cookies makes the best s'more ever!  --Awesome tip from a fellow Scouting Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment