Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, July 25, 2016

"Read for the Win" #RadfordPublicLibrary #RandolphParkPool

The kids have been doing really well in the Radford Library Summer Reading Program since we moved up here at the beginning of the month.  This year's theme is "Read For the Win" and they have won some awesome prizes so far!
At this point they have all read for over 20 hours since the end of June and they have each won a treasure box prize, a pass to Randolph Park Pool, a pass to Mill Mountain Zoo, and a new book.  They are continuing to read and are hoping to have 40 hours in by Aug. 1 so that they can get their names in the paper and get invited to a special "Star Readers" party on Aug. 3, 2016!
Today the kids and I used their pool passes to Randolph Park Pool in Dublin, VA!  We got to the pool about 10:30 am and stayed until 3 pm...needless to say....I am Exhausted!
 
There were some neat things to climb on...
...a frog slide that all the kids loved...
...a shipwreck slide that was the girls favorite...
...and Aiden's favorite the big water slide...I even took a couple of turns on the water slide and it was not bumpy and uncomfortable like some I have tried!
Though the pool seemed to start getting crowded between 1-2 pm we had a great time!  All of the kids found "friends" to play with and enjoyed the many water fun options.  They tried out the slides more times than I can count, swam with their arm floaties from the 3ft to the 6 ft deep end and back, jumped in from the sides, Aiden perfected his "cannon ball" jump and they were all sad to leave. 
It was nice to take the time and enjoy my kids for a few hours...I saw so many smiles it was really fabulous...and hey if they sleep as good as I feel like I am going to....Score!  

No comments:

Post a Comment