Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

New Town, New School! #AES

Today I finished collecting the mountain of paperwork I needed to take in for school registration and we took off to introduce the kids to their new school, Auburn Elementary...
"Where every child is a star!"
The 20 minute ride from home to the school made the kids a little apprehensive, but they were all happy to meet Mr. Jack the custodian and get a basic tour of the school.  There are quads of classrooms which seemed a bit confusing to me, but Mr. Jack said the kids figure it out in no time.  The library is in the middle of the school with a beautiful vaulted ceiling and there are three additional reading rooms to maximize reading time for all of the students.  Emma was ready to grab a book and take a reading break mid-tour, she was so impressed! 

It looks like each grade will have 5 classes, which all of the kids are excited about, and I was told that the class sizes are kept small that way.  The girls should have no more than 18 students in their class and Aiden's class should top out at 24, I believe.  Things are moving so quickly this year that I feel like summer break is just getting started...when in reality it is almost over...boooo!...though most days I feel like my kids are driving me insane...I am still going to cry when they ride away from home on that first day back to school!   
 
Before we left the kids insisted that we check out the playground and they were equally impressed with it!  I love the size of the playground and the multitude of equipment to play on especially!  I am hopeful that this fresh start will be good for Aiden and I look forward to meeting all of the kids new friends that they meet at their new school!


No comments:

Post a Comment