Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

School is out for the Summer! #EndofSchool #SummerFun #SummerReadingProgram2016

The school year has come to an end for Aiden and he is excited to have completed 2nd grade!  All of the 2nd graders received a "Certificate of Completion" for the year showing they are on their way to 3rd grade!   Aiden and his classmates were all well behaved during the awards ceremony and I even got to hang out with Aiden until lunch that day.  
The Girls got to have some water fun after lunch that same day, but when I finished lunch with Aiden I realized I had no idea where my keys were and spent an hour looking for them before finding them in the back of the van!?!  I really don't know how they managed to get back there, but I was thankful that the girls teachers took some pictures for me since I had to miss the fun!
Aiden was in Mrs. Hines class and the girls had Mrs. Mullins and Mrs. Etter for teachers!  They were great teachers with the patience of a hen sitting on a nest...lol...and I have seen improvement and growth from all of my kids throughout the year.  I am thankful that we were able to be a part of the Moneta Elementary family this year and hope we have an even better experience at our next school in our next town.
We started summer break out right with a water balloon fight on Saturday...
...at Moneta Park.  Though we did get most of the balloon pieces up, we couldn't risk missing any in Mom's yard so... we went to the park instead just to keep our birds safe.
...on Sunday the girls got to play on a waterslide at their friend Oliviah's birthday!  We got lucky with no thunder storms and the kids didn't seem to mind the light rain.  Emma went down the slide countless times, but Isabella got water up her nose the second time down and I think only went a couple of times after that and both of the girls had fun in the bouncy house part of the slide too.

 On Monday, Memorial Day, we had planned to go outside and enjoy the beautiful day, but instead we started with a trip to the ER to have staples put in Aiden's head...so since water activities and sweating were out, we decided to take the kids to a matinee instead.  They were super excited to get to see the Angry Birds movie and even more excited when I sprung for popcorn! 


Last, but not least, I got the kids signed up for the summer reading program at the local library.  They each got a prize for participation and got to spin the prize wheel for checking out some books.  Plus, Emma got an extra prize for reading 7 books the day before we went to the library.  If you live in Bedford County VA you can sign up for the summer reading program here...if you live somewhere else just search for your public library's website and most of them have a link on their homepage!  It's a great way to inspire reading through the summer and to help your kids keep the progress they made through the previous school year.

We have had a great start to our summer and I can only hope that the whole summer is just as fun! I do have some pictures from Aiden's Cub Scout graduation last night that I will try to post tomorrow, plus we have hatched some new chicks and ducklings and I have been working on the garden again....soooooo I should have some great stories to share over the next few days....keep comin' back and I'll keep writing! :0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment