Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A little GT is good for the soul! #ILoveMyMom

Mom had asked me last month what I wanted for my birthday  and I choose a girls day!  We went out for a little shopping and we picked up some hair dye, discount flip flops and a few other little things. Then we went out for lunch, she took me to get a hair cut and we came back to my apartment to dye her hair before she headed back to the Homestead to make her latest batch of Coffee Jelly.  

We had lunch at Nagoya Sushi on Main St in Radford, VA.  I had the Godzilla Roll.  It's a deep fried sushi roll that has cream cheese, spicy tuna, and avocado in it and I really enjoyed it.  (About 5 years ago my friend Jennifer shared some deep fried sushi with me from this restaurant and I have wanted more ever since...I just haven't made it there until now) Mom had the Cashew Shrimp combo and it was more than delicious!  It came with the entree, miso soup, fried rice and a California Roll cut into 8 slices.  Our eyes were bigger than our bellies and we both had leftovers, though we were able to eat most of our meals.
 
Before                and                 After
We headed to the hair salon next.  Both us us needed a haircut, but Mom already has an appointment for tomorrow so we found a Salon in Radford and she treated me today.  I am usually dissatisfied with the cuts I receive at discount salons and sticker shocked at the ones with great reviews...but today I can say that I was pleasantly surprised with the haircut I received and the price today!  I will try to update this tomorrow with the stylists card...She was personable, happy and great at her job!  I would recommend her for everyone in the area.  You can visit her at "The Cut" between Walmart and Lowe's in Fairlawn, VA.


Life got in the way for a little while and it took some planning to work today into the schedule, but I'm glad I finally got to spend a girls day out with Mom again!  Thank you for taking some time to come hang out with me in my neck of the woods and treating me to a few treats and a little pampering! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment