Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Friday, August 12, 2016

From Wild Carrots to Carrot Cake! #Weaving #SweetMemories

Our mornings are still a little rocky, but the kids have successfully gotten on and off the bus for the first week of school without forgetting anything.  They enjoy passing time at the bus stop taking pictures and saying good morning to the neighbors.  Their bus driver is a jolly man that seems to keep the kids in order pretty good.  He enjoys hugs from Isabella in the afternoon and wears a huge smile on his face!  I hope they get used riding the bus soon and stop trying to convince me to drive them to school... especially Aiden... he really knows how to break my heart :0) I didn't mind a morning drive last year, but this year it's a lot farther to school so I being firm and taking advantage of one of the two buses that pass my house twice a day :0) Once I got them on the bus I got to work in the kitchen again and got a lot done!
Yesterday I was working with the flowers from wild carrots and today I was working with regular carrots!  Today I made two batches of Low Sugar Carrot Cake Jam.  This jam reminds me of Fall with a wonderful blend of pineapple, carrots, apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove flavors and is great served on crackers with cream cheese!  If you love carrot cake, you should definitely give this jam a try!
Something Special will have this labeled and ready for market next week along with the Queens Anne's Lace Jelly I made yesterday. I can't wait to see what our customers think of these new flavors and one or two more we have in the works!  We have been getting requests for low and no-sugar recipes so we are trying a few new recipes to compliment some of our tried and true favorite recipes!
After I got my jam done for the day I got to do some math and create a new pattern to put on the loom!  My awesome cousin, Kimmie, got me this tangerine wool blend yarn that is perfect for making a shawl for the Ultimate Hokie Fan or Alumni.  My first shawl done in similar colors sold quickly with one of Mom's shawl pins for $100 and I am hopeful this one will too!  So far it is coming along nicely and I may even be able to complete it next week... stay tuned for updates!
I got some nice treasures from Aiden's first week of 3rd grade and it looks like he is doing pretty good.  He is making friends and getting comfortable, but that is also bringing out some of his less than desirable traits.  I am hopeful that this year's teacher has the patience to work with Aiden and really see if she can help him work through some of his behavior issues.  She has worked with children in the autism spectrum and ADHD/ADD from what I have heard... I am praying that she knows some effective techniques and will share them with me too! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment