Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Weaving up a storm! #Triloom

Now that I have some jams and jellies in stock I changed focus and started weaving again!  I have made the woven part of a shawl in just a couple of days and some have sat on the loom for months as life got in the way... This week I am on a roll and I have finished one shawl and I have another one well on its way too!
I started this shawl on Friday, put a pin in it over the weekend and finished it up today!  It is truly amazing how much faster I can weave without kids bombing me with questions and requests while I am trying to work...lol... This shawl is done in VT Hokies colors...Orange and Maroon! 
I did a ton of math until I came up with just the right pattern and then I got to work.  Since this type of loom weaves from the outside to the middle it has to be done just right or the last section won't match the rest of the pattern.
  
I am excited that I got this finished in time for the beginning of college football season and though I am a Hokie fan I will be getting more yarn and trying to get some done for other teams as well!  This is a great shawl for keeping warm at the game, at work and at home.  If anyone has a special request just let me know...I would be happy to get yours on the schedule! 
Since I have a good stock of yarn right now, I was able to get started on another shawl as soon as the last one came off the loom!  This one is a beautiful teal color that I would love to see finished with a crocheted ruffle across the bottom and a simple border across the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment