Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

This week in a nutshell! #NewShawl #MommaDucks #YOLO

 
I have had a lot on my mind this week and haven't been able to motivate myself to blog, but I have been working hard to fill an order for a shawl and I am excited to show it off!
The natural light on the porch does a much better job of capturing the colors than the flash inside!  I love this color of yarn so much!  I can't wait to get this to Mom tomorrow so she can get started on the ruffle and then deliver this beautiful piece to the customer to enjoy as Fall quickly approaches!
 
This week I have been helping Mom fix the cracks on top of her chimney, weed the orchard, scrub wallpaper glue off walls and prep for painting.  When I went to Mom's yesterday  I took a break to I snap some pictures of the Momma Ducks sittin' their nests.  Pretty Girl, on the left, has 10 eggs now and Sweetie, on the right, has 11.  From those numbers they should be done adding eggs to the nest and now they just have to sit and wait.  Though we do try to protection them from predators, Pretty Girl has made it almost impossible with her nest placement.  Sweetie is a little more secure, though when we moved her to get rid of the mouse nest under her duck nest we discovered a black snake instead.  I hated to kill the snake I had to protect my birds and their nests and it got part way under the chicken coop before I could grab it and I couldn't pull it back through the chicken wire.  The ducks fought over the tail for a little bit before I took it away, but I was afraid they would choke on it if they tried to eat it so I threw it out into the hay field.

I leave you with this thought.  Sometimes the choices we have to make are hard.  The smart choice is not always the easy choice.... Courage is the key in these decisions.  Please pray for us as we look at all of our options and for our courage to make this next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment