Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, August 1, 2016

New products coming to market this week!

I have been working on some great unique Jellies and Jams to send to market with Mom next week!  We work so hard to collect certain fruit and flower juices that it seems a shame to throw out extras... so when we have a recipe that calls for 4 cups of processed fruit or juice and we end up with 6 cups instead...2 cups are going in the freezer until we can use them....
This week I have made a Ras-Apple jelly using up 2 cups of left-over raspberry juice and making a beautiful pink jelly that tastes as good as it sounds.  I have made a batch of Queen's Anne's lace Jelly that is very similar to a Lilac jelly, It has a beautiful floral scent and light flavor. (shown in the jars above)  My Crab-Apple jelly was a flop and when I tried to fix it, I failed... but hey I learned what doesn't work so that's O.K. Then I made a delicious Plums and Prunes Jelly, using up 2 cups of plum juice left-over from a different batch of jelly and some creativity.  The end result was a deep auburn colored jelly that is sweet and smooth (shown on the spoon)...and especially excellent on buttered toast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment