Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Busy Day! #QAJelly #Tri-loom #ReadForTheWin #SweetMemories

Sorry for no post yesterday, but I was spent.  First thing in the morning I had to dole out some "tough love" (Aiden didn't want to ride the bus... but I held my ground and finally won with help from the bus driver...I'm so glad the bus driver was understanding) Then I spent the rest of the day convincing myself I am a good Mom for not giving in to his tears and caught up on my housework!
Today I got busy again and made 2 batches of Queens Anne's Lace jelly!  This is another unique recipe I stumbled across that is excellent!  When I was researching this jelly I learned that Queens Anne's Lace is also known as a "wild carrot" and the whole plant is edible.  Again, make sure you know the difference between QAL and Wild Hemlock before you go picking flowers of your own...pretty please :0)  
I found a nice patch of flowers near a local park that I have been harvesting and so far I have been able to make 3 batches and put juice in the freezer for a 4th batch. Two of the best things about this jelly are the beautiful floral fragrance that fills the kitchen as it is cooked and the light floral flavor infused throughout!
 
Once I was done in the kitchen I headed to the loom to finish up my latest shawl.  This one is a beautiful charcoal gray and will have a simple crocheted top edge to finish it off. Then we will have the second special order of the season complete!  My next shawl is going to be done in VT colors and I can't wait to get started on it next!
   I finished up my work in time to have a few minute break before the kids got home.  When I was checking my e-mail I saw that the kids names were in the paper today!!! So after they got home I ran out to get a paper so I could show them. All three of the kids were thrilled to be in the paper and proud of themselves for reading over 40 hours this summer! (In fact the girls keep asking to added more minutes as we continue to read each day so they can earn more points! -- too cute!)   Congratulations to all of the participants!  It was awesome to see 72 children from the area recognized on the Star Readers list this year!
The girls had a surprise of their own in their folders today!  I love getting these little hand prints each year!  The teacher's always find the cutest poems to put with them and these are even laminated!

No comments:

Post a Comment