Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Back-to-School Teacher Gifts: Part 1

As crafty as I am, I usually run myself right out of time to make nice little gifts for the kids to take to school, but this year I am determined to do just that for the first day!  When we were at back-to-school night each of the teachers had a "wishlist" of supplies they felt like their classroom needed beyond the basic list.  Instead of just sending in the extra supplies, I decided it would be more fun to make a little gift out of them with the kids.
Once I picked out which item I was going to get for each teacher, I spent a little time perusing Pinterest to get some ideas for how to make them into cute gifts...  Then Emma and I had some shopping to do!

We picked up some pencils, reward stickers, disinfectant wipes, pipe cleaners and some cute bags to get us started.  The girls want to make tissue paper flowers for all of their new classmates, so we got enough supplies to make the teachers some as well... I had seen some cute ideas for making the supplies into a bouquet and considered doing that for a minute or two and then decided that gift bags are just easier for my kids to handle on the bus to school.... but instead of just fluffing tissue paper in the top of each bag we are going to make some flowers to use instead.

Though I did run myself out of time to get these done today, at least I have everything I need and a rainy Sunday to look forward to tomorrow!  Stay tuned for pictures of our completed projects sometime tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment