Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Friday, March 2, 2012

I smell a new cake design in the air :)

After lots and lots of brainstorming, I finally came up with an awesome design for the kids kirthday cakes. It is going to be a surprise until they are finished but I am very excited about the embelishments that I got at the Dollar tree today, the embelishments that I made with cardboard, tin foil and some electrical duct tape, and the icing coloring I found at Kroger today. I have been having fun making and designing cakes for years, over 10 years actually and this set of cakes is my most exciting design yet. I will tell you that there will be 4 cakes, one for each child and one for the guests (this way we don't have to worry about eating cake that has been spit on), and I will tell you that I am still going with green, purple and pink, but you will all have to wait until tomorrow night or Sat morning to see the final results. Today I got the cakes baked and in the freezer to keep them moist. Tomorrow I plan on getting all of my icing made and colored and hopefully I will get the decorating done, but if not there is always Sat morning. Since I have two appts tomorrow and have a babysitting job to do Sat night I will have to squeeze the cakes in the middle, but never fear, I have not let anyone down so far and this time will not change that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment