Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ghosts and More Tour 2012


This year was the 10th annual Ghosts and More Tour in Rocky Mount.  I volunteered through the HSN community service program.  The tour is put on by the Rocky Mount Historical Society and they take their passengers on a trip through history sharing paranormal hot spots along the way.


The history of the town is represented by at least 17 historical characters presented in 23 scenes


My friend Mel and I represented factory girls that jumped out of third story windows to avoid burning to death in a over-all factory where they were trapped shortly after starting work one day.


My friend Evie was portraying the dead bride of William B. Williams.


Linda was dressed for her part as co-ordinated the event with her families help.


I found my outfit courtesy of my local Goodwill.


The other "factory girls" were sorority girls from Ferum college and they loked awesome in their costumes as well.


Evie made a great dead bride!!


Mel looked awesome and was terrific at pretending to be dead ;)


For the second year in a row there have been protestors due to the Historical society dipicting a hanging on the courthouse lawn, but local law enforcement made sure that things went off without a hitch.  For more information on this and other tours of Rocky Mount VA visit http://www.franklincountyvirginiahistoricalsoc.org/eventsschedule.php.

No comments:

Post a Comment