Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Birthdays, Birthdays everywhere!!!!!

 
 Aiden's friends at school are starting to have birthday parties!
 This party was done at Jump in Roanoke.  They have a really  nice set-up and a staff that makes sure the kids obey the rules and tries to help everyonehave a good time.  They even had a hurricane tunnel and they stuffed it to the brim with kids and let them feel winds up to over 70mph.  The party was very well structured (and yes I was taking notes), They allowed the kids to play for about an hour and then got them to all sit down for a snack, then cake and presents and goodbye hugs.  I think I will take a whistle with me and hope I don't have to use it.

 I also loved how the staff gathered all the kids for a group picture when play time was over and then when it was time to open presents they were all recorded.
Aiden's class has had the opportunity to go to a birthday party for the past two weekends in a row and Aiden's combo party will make a 3rd. We are just gonna get the girls a few dollar store items and Goodwill buys and then make sure to transition them to twin beds asap so they can get a better nights rest.
Poor Aiden got bit and smacked within minutes of arriving at the latest party, but I was very proud of him for coming to tell me and identifying the child asap so that the situation could be dealt with.  ((He was the bigger child too.)))  He did not strike back.  WTG Aiden for making the right choice. He has gotten lucky for the second time and survived a bite without bleeding.  The picture of the ant farm is day two and when you see day three progress you will be so amazed... these guys are really hard little workers.

I am really hoping his party goes off without a hitch.  With all of the recent birthdays and the fact that only two of his classmates have RSVP'ed at this point and I asked them to do so by 3/6 on the invitation it makes me worry that there will not be a very good turn out of kids.  I am a little more at ease that at least a couple of my friends and some of the family have gotten back to us, but with the on-coming snow storm that should get here just in time for my days off I will end up with limited time to tie up all the loose ends and make sure I have the right ammount of party supplies, cake etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment