Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm Back!!!! :)

Grrrrrrr..... I hate getting behind on my blogging, but at least the insulation job is finished.... no wait, it's not. New River Insulation gave a good price for their work, but an 8 hour job has more than tripled and it is still not done. Since there was some miscommunication and the guy doing the job was under the impression that we were sure that there was no insulation in the walls, when in fact there was, there was a blow-out when they got to the first outlet. It took longer than I expected for them to be able to stabalize that area again and get back to work and that is one of the two things that have yet to complete. The basement does look nice, but I would have expected them to sweep or use the available shop vac to clean up after themselves instead of leaving small stray pieces of insulation peppering the floor. I am really inpressed with the mesh covering the insulation so that fiberglass does not fall on my head. The other aspect that I was not impressed with was how sloppily the holes in the mortar were repaired, with that being said they are supposed to be coming back to clean that up as well. And one last rant is that after the 1 day job turned into a 3 day job, I called them to make sure that they did not come out to try to finish it on Friday because it would prevent me from working and they didn't seem to care enough to listen to me. So over-all I would have to give the a somewhat disappointing review, in my experience with this company I have had more of a negative experience than a positive one.
OK, so now that my rant/review is out of the way we can get back to more fun things. We have a terrarium update, now we have "blue tail" the blue tailed skink, "stumpy" a broad head skink that came to us with a broken tail, "grumpy" the broad head skink that has bitten both "A" and I, and "Ribbert" the toad. We were trying to catch bugs to feed them all, but they did not seem interested in the bugs we provided and wouldn't think about eating fruit. So I caved today and made a trip to good ol' Pet Smart. Had to buy a kritter kage, crickets and cricket food. Kinda ironic that you have to feed the reptile food, but "A" loves interacting with them and he is learning too. IMO it's better than a hampster any day.



 
 
While we were playing in the river last week "A" found the neatest river rock ever. To me it looks like a stake of some sort, I really wish "A" hadn't been allowed to break it, but I sent it to Daddy for evaluation and he said the stone is too soft to have been used for a stake, so we are thinking the river water just shaped it that way.
 
 
Over the past few days while the internet has been up and down we have gotten to enjoy some fun times with the kids.  Smiles all the way around.  Enjoy and I hope you catch a smile or two yourself.
 




 
 
 
 
"A" has also been insisting on playing his x-box over the past couple of days.  His favorite game is Fruit Ninja!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment