Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Art Appreciation Time with a building project thrown in for good measure ;)

I reorganized my art closet today and found some art that the kids have done over the years that I really enjoyed....

 Aiden made this in Kindergarten... I especially loved the snowman peeking out from behind the winter tree and the bee above the spring tree...
 This was Aiden's Hand Turkey from last year....
His Iguana that is now proudly displayed on his wall...
His Family portrait, including Mom, Dad, Aiden, the girls, Gus dog, Bastian and Tiger Butt (the cats)! 

 This dog and lizard were actually part of the same painting, but I thought they were great for a 5-year-old.

 We did make it to the Lowe's Build and Grow workshop on Saturday and though it was a more complicated project this time, we still made it out with three new firetrucks with movable ladders and new badges for their aprons.







The girls have also been working on some new artwork... 
 Painting is one of their favorite things to do.  Usually I just let them free paint on large blank pages, but this time I drew things for them to paint.
 Emma had done a really cute face (eyes, nose mouth) and then she tried to fill in behind them.  When she realized she messed up her picture she broke down into tears, so I helped her fix it and added some curly hair for her.
 Then I let them free paint some more... They also really love to paint themselves... This was one of the good free paint pictures from this week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment