Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Tiger Den Mother-to-Be?


 I want Aiden's Cub Scout experience to be awesome so that he stays interested and excited about being a Tiger Scout.   So, I have been working very hard for the past week to get my online courses taken so that I qualify to be an Adult leader.  Now that I am qualified... Now what? ... Now for the fun stuff!  I have been all over Pinterest and Den Mother Blogs, collecting information and resources as I go. Here is all the stuff I collected on Pinterest (you can even follow me to keep updated when I add things).  I got great meeting ideas, ideas for games, ideas to get the other parents involved.... And I pinned and pinned and pinned away to my hearts content.... Some things I put in my Cub Scout board and others I picked up and put in my other holiday boards.  Then I set to work trying to come up with an agenda for our next meeting and I think I have everything ready to go.... 

Our Pack had gotten quite small about the time baseball season came around last school year. So, needless to say, we are lacking leaders and organization.  I volunteered to help do what I can and so far I seem to have been given the lead role for our Den, plus tracking achievements for the Den.  I am still a little in "awe" of this role, but I have embraced it and even asked one of the other Den Mother's to be an assistant for me.  (From what I have read we need to ask the other parents if anyone else wants the role and if no one does than the jobs will be ours, if they do I guess we put it up for a vote.)) 

For our upcoming Den meeting I have created an agenda for the Den portion of the meeting (our Pack meets weekly with individual Den meetings after the opening ceremony).  I have also made a Bobcat poster with help from my Tiger Cub for use at the meeting and during some of our games.  I created a Den "Code of Conduct" board to award good behavior at each meeting, with rules and corresponding pictures that the boys can choose to add to our board ( I think I made a few more than will fit on our board, but we'll see, plus if a few get left off the boys will feel more like they are setting the rules).  Along the side of the board there is a section for cloths pins that have each Cub's name on them to track their behavior, I need to talk to the other parents, but I was thinking that if the Cub had to be spoken to more than once about their behavior they would be moved from green to yellow and their adult partner would pull them to the side for a 5 minute time out, if they have to be spoken to again they will move to red and they will sit out for 10 minutes or until the conclusion of the Den portion of the meeting and their adult partner will discuss with them why their behavior was unacceptable for the Den meeting.  I am hopeful that the boys will embrace our rules and follow them without too much trouble since they were involved in putting them together.
For our games we have the first character connection to get through and we have a "Say the Truth" Game and a "Bobcat Dice Roll"  
 Tomorrow nights meeting will also include a visit from our "Popcorn Kernel."  She will be going over the ins and outs of the popcorn fund raiser that we are doing and getting the boys amped up and ready to sell, sell, sell!!!  Aiden has got a little start on his sales with 3 under his belt so far.  His goal is 30 sales so that he can earn a special sales badge, really he wants to sell like $3000 worth to get all the really awesome prizes, but I think we will be lucky to get to 30. I hope it's not too hard to settle the boys back down after that presentation...LoL....
I have been enjoying what I have been able to put together for the Den so far and I think this is going to be a really fun year!  I have sent my meeting reminder e-mails out for Tiger Den 2.  All I need to do now is find my leader's bag to put all my supplies in and load the car before the meeting and we will be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment