Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Labor Day!

We had a kinda lazy Labor Day this year, but I guess that's sorta what the holiday is all about.  I let Josh sleep in, as much as he could with our noisy kids awake, and I got up and made pancakes for breakfast.  Since the girls got up so early, we tried to get them to take a nap... that only kinda worked.... at least Isabella went to sleep... In an effort to keep the house quiet for her I took Aiden and Emma out to the regional park.  

I have posted a lot of great things about the playground, but Athens Regional park has a lot more to offer than just that.  


Today we went to the walking loop around the lower lake and there were some Canadian Geese, a couple of Mallard Ducks and some red-eared sliders (turtles) that enjoyed feasting on the bread and hot dog buns that we had brought with us... After the kids ran out of bread we continued our trek around the lake and then headed to the car for a drink break (the heat was outrageous today)!

Aiden and Emma were ready to go to the playground after their drink, but I convinced them to keep "exploring nature" with me and we went back towards the lake. This time we went down the path that runs beside Mouse Creek.  The path is paved until about halfway down, where it turns to a dirt path the rest of the way down to the Expo Center.  There are deeper pools here and there along the creek that look like they could be good for fishing, though all the fishermen we saw were sticking to the lake today... we will have to send Josh to check it out next time he gets the chance to fish... and the kids want to come back with wading shoes on so they can get wet!


















All in all I would say that it was a nice day.  I had fun taking Aiden and Emma out to "explore nature" and showing them the playground isn't the only fun thing in the park.  

I took a little break from updating and adding pages to my blog today, but I did take the time to do a Swagbucks survey worth 70 points, I got another 6 points from a search I did, and I got a few points from watching videos and participating in the daily poll...and I found a couple of giveaways on Mom and More to enter that are ending soon.  I plan on adding a giveaway page that I can share my favorite giveaway blogs on so there will be more updates on that coming soon...As always I hope you are enjoying my posts and I will be back tomorrow with some great new updates!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment