Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone! I hope your day was as great as ours was.  The kids had a great time at school with visits from Leprechauns, feet prints on the desks and the white board, glitter spilled over the desks, special powers from eating Leprechaun treats and more.  We even had traps set-up at our house and this afternoon a sneaky Leprechaun paid us a visit too... Though our traps weren't good enough to catch him, he was nice and left a note and a gold dollar for each of the kids for their efforts.
These are some of the traps we had....
 
...and the note that was left by our Leprechaun!

 


Aiden's class even got to watch a video that showed them how to draw a Leprechaun and this was the picture he drew from watching the video!  I think he did an awesome job!








The kids were a little disappointed that the Leprechaun had not visited before they got home from school, but they agreed we all had to go outside for a little while once the traps were set to see if he would come while the house was empty.  I took that as an opportunity to get another batch of potatoes planted.
This time we planted white potatoes.  We are all out of compost and extra dirt, so we are trying our hand at growing these in hay.  After the potato sprouts were laid out, we added another tire and filled it with hay, then we watered them like crazy and added a cage to protect them from the chickens when they start to sprout.
Our red potatoes have started to sprout and have gotten about 3 inches tall.  We planted about a dozen, though some didn't look too good.  So far I can see 5 of them starting to grow...hopefully even more will come up soon!
I went all out for our St. Patty's Day dinner this year! We had corned beef, green mashed potatoes, green deviled eggs and sauteed cabbage.  Unfortunately the grocery store was out of corned beef brisket when we did our shopping and we had to settle for thick sliced deli meat and I didn't have any to boil with my cabbage....so I tried to saute it in butter as suggested by Mom, but my brother called when it was almost done and I think it got a little too done... so it was pretty yucky...At least the rest of dinner was a hit.
Last, but not least, while the kids were at school today I got another cake done!  This cake is for the Bedford County Master Food's Volunteers.  Their class of 2016 graduation is tomorrow and I was honored to get to make a cake to celebrate them and their successful year!  If you haven't checked out my cake gallery lately, please do.  I am continuing to add to my gallery as I finish each new cake and I would love to be able to feature a cake I have made for each of you one day too!


No comments:

Post a Comment