Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Friday, March 18, 2016

I've been a cakin' a #BridalShowerCake !!!

The weather has been beautiful for the past couple of days and it has been nice to have a chance to go outside... The daffodils have come up and have started to bloom, the apple tree out back is covered in white blossoms and the peach tree out front has the prettiest pink blossoms...It's a shame it's supposed to be so cold this weekend.  Mom is going to a new method to save the blooms if we have a freeze.  She heard that if you spray them with water in the early morning hours after a freeze it can save the blooms and maybe just maybe we will still have lots of fruit!
 
Today the cold front started moving in and I needed to get a cake done and some cleaning taken care of...so I spent most of the day inside. ((I can't believe they're calling for snow on Sunday!!)) The cake I made today is for a Bridal Shower on Sunday and is Adult in nature, so if you are a kid please tune in next time and if you are near your kids you have been warned.  :0)  This is the first corset cake I've done, but I still didn't want to do one that was just like one I found on Pinterest...so I took a look and pinned some cakes for inspiration and started working.
I started with a 9" x 13" sheet cake and cut it to the shape that I needed for the base.
I used a 3" round pan for the "girls".  I think next time I will trim the "girls" down a little bit, but it worked out pretty good the way it is.
This is the final product and I can't wait for it to be served on Sunday!  This was such a fun cake to design and I hope I get the chance to make more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment