Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Sunday, March 6, 2016

**Updated** Pokemon Party Plans

Any good party starts with a great invitation!  So I made Aiden some awesome pokeball invitations to take to his friends at school and the Cub Scouts!  The finished invitation looks like this...
I started with white construction paper that I folded from top to bottom and tore in half.  Then I folded them in half again, making sure that the seem was in the middle of one side. (see the picture below)  This made the paper the perfect size to almost trace a cool whip container.  The almost part is the important part, because that way all the pieces of the circle stay connected.  Then I traced the bottom of the cool whip container on red paper to make the tops of my Pokeballs.  When I cut them out and I also cut them in half and then glued them to the top half of my white card.  Then I needed black paper bands to put across the middle.  I overlapped the black on both halves of the card so that the sticker would hold them shut and then trimmed the edges to fit as I glued them on.  Lastly I colored some large circle stickers black and added a white circle sticker on top that had a smaller circle drawn on it. (I traced the head of a screw for the smaller circle)  I used these double stickers to close the invitations and Wa La we had some awesome Pokeball invitations.  Then we added the party info to the inside and sealed them.  I do have an envelope maker, but we decided writing the guests names on the outside worked just fine and we went with it. 
So far I plan to start the party with a coloring station where they can choose a favor bag and a coloring sheet and make their own goody bag.  

I am still working on finalizing the stations - One will be related to ping pong balls: either a tossing game or targeting them with Nerf Guns, one will be a place to battle/admire cards, one will be a pin the tail on Eevee and Aiden requested the game that you drop the clothespin in the jar. 
 I have also been hard at work coloring ping pong balls with my Bic sharpies to look like different pokeballs and I have starting on the pinata.  
I am actually working on the pinatas for both parties that I am having this weekend together to make the initial process a little easier.  I started with a balloon and tied a rope around it to hang it.  Then I added a layer of newspaper strips that I dipped in a flour and water mixture and allowed them to dry overnight.  The first rope is to pull out the balloon once I get that far.
 
After the first layer of paper strips had dried I added braided cotton yarn to one pinata and ribbon to the other as hangers.  (I am testing out different methods to see which I like the best once they are beat up on.)
  
I made sure the hanger lines crossed in the middle on the bottom to give good support and then I added layer two of the newspaper strips. Putting the ribbon or yarn in between layers 1 and 2 will keep them from coming out when the balloon is popped and add a little extra structure to the pinata itself.  Last year I made a Tiger Cub pinata and three layers worked out good, so that is what I am going for again and tomorrow I should be able to get that layer on so that I can start decorating soon! I already have my streamers cut and ready to be applied!

I will continue to update this post as I complete more of the party decorations and games.  For now I am off to figure out my schedule for tomorrow and see if there is anything small left I can get done tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment