Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

I actually get a break! #FallOutBoy #Wintour


I have spent the morning getting my cakes for this week ready... well two out of three anyways... I baked 18 "Camo Cupakes" for Aiden's class, 6 "Camo Cupcakes" for my nephew, and worked on the base icing for my sister-in-laws Birthday cake!  So that I can take a break and enjoy a concert with my hubby!

Camo cake is accomplished by dividing the cake batter and adding food coloring to the batter to get different colors...then a little of each color is added to give it a camouflage effect!  I have them cooled and in the freezer to keep them moist until I can decorate them tomorrow and deliver them on Friday!  I can't believe my little man is turning 8 on Friday! Where does the time go?

 My sister-in-law's birthday cake is going to have a music theme.  I started with a "Devils Food Cake" and covered it with vanilla icing.  Then I covered it with fondant and put the bottom border on.  I have found that if fondant is allowed the chance to dry out for five days before it is served it is much better and not gummy at all, but since I don't like to leave my cakes sitting around that long before they are eaten I am going to try reducing that to three days this time and see if it is just as good.  I plan to add a line of sheet music from the song "Happy Birthday to You" on the side of the cake and writing on the top.  I have an awesome image in my head and hope it comes out just as nice on the cake!

Now that I have gotten my work done for the day it's time to get ready to go to Charlottesville, VA to see Fall Out Boy's Wintour concert!  The first time I saw Fall Out Boy was on one of my favorite TV series, One Tree Hill, featured above!  They have a lot of great songs now and I am excited to see them perform live to see if they live up to their videos.  Plus I love to go to live concerts and have never been to the John Paul Jones Arena so this will be a great night full of new experiences.  Some of my other favorite videos are featured below (I tried to pick kid friendly videos, but as always I recommend parental discretion) ! I hope you enjoy and I will post pictures and a review tomorrow!
Uma Thurman


Irresistible: Ft. Demi Lovado


Centuries

Fall Out Boy - Immortals (From "Big Hero 6")



No comments:

Post a Comment