Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

We got to see #FallOutBoy @ #JohnPaulJonesArena #Wintour 2016

This week has been kind of a blur between getting ready for birthday parties, making cakes and cupcakes, shopping for presents and party supplies, and keeping up with our normal week-to-week stuff.  Soooo....it was a real treat to get to go to a concert last night and have a full 24 hours that I didn't have to wear my "Mom Hat."  

We have actually been looking forward to this night since around Christmas when we were given tickets and a parking pass and a promise to watch the kids as our gift from Mom. We chose to go to the Fall Out Boy concert in Charlottesville, VA at the John Paul Jones arena.    
The arena was nice, there were more than enough bathrooms and food/drink vendors and the line for the tour merchandise went fairly smoothly, too.  We were in section 113 row R seats 13-14 and had a nice view of the stage, though with show lighting my camera isn't great so we'll have to see what I actually have to show off out of my 200+ pictures taken...
I will have to say this was the most docile crowd I have ever seen at a concert in my life...I felt sorry for PVRIS and AWOLNATION as they tried and tried to get the crowd up and moving with no success.  Their sound mix wasn't quite right and the instrumentals way overshadowed the vocals.
 
Just looking at the crowd during the first two acts you could only see a handful of people singing along, it was pretty clear to see that most everyone had come to see Fall Out Boy and not the opening bands!!!  I know they were what brought me out last night, I had never heard of Paris and couldn't understand what she was singing because of the sound mix and AWOLNation was familiar to me because of their song "Sail" otherwise their stuff was new and different and not quite what I normally listen to.  Still, if I had paid to be on the floor or in the Pit, I would not have been just sitting/standing there bobbing my head to the music.  Even when FOB did get onstage, there still was very little out of the Pit...which was very disappointing to me and I can only imagine how the bands felt.  Here are a few of the shots I got last night that were at least mostly clear:
Even though the sound mix wasn't right for the show there were some other great effects that were a nice touch!  PVRIS did a nice light mix with the moons and a few other designs shining on the audience.  FOB had fire, fireworks, streamers, confetti, balloons and more... They really put on a good show all the way around!

All in all it was a great night out for us and we took full advantage of our 24 hours and went to a concert, had dinner with each other, woke up beside each other and I got to go shopping!  It really doesn't get much more sweet than that! Plus I think I am almost done shopping for the parties except for some food and then it's just to put it all together and get the house set-up for some awesome birthday fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment