Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

What an exhausting day.... #BakingCakes #WorkingWithFondant

I started the day with a daunting list of things to get done and I actually stayed on schedule until about 9am...then I went shopping... I had allotted myself 2 hours to shop and 30 minutes to travel home, but I forgot to include time to put all the groceries away... By the time I got that done I was 30-45 minutes behind schedule and then I lost my list.  I still haven't found that thing, but I think I got most of what I wanted to accomplished...lol
I finally decided on a design and shape for Aiden's Pokemon cake and got it baked today. Plus I baked a sheet cake for Mom's Master Foods class graduation next Friday. Then I made some of my vanilla icing and got to work making some fondant decorations for my cakes.  With our new kitchen set-up downstairs we are still working out the kinks and getting all of our supplies in the right kitchen.  I swear I have gone up and down those steps at least 30 times today and my legs feel like Jello...I really thought I was in better shape than this...lol...
Even though I don't prefer a cake to be completely covered in fondant I have decided that I like to use it to make embellishments....
...and I have a bunch of different "Cookie cutters" to choose from when cutting out shapes...Above are some of the leaves, water drops and flames for Aiden's cake and the butterflies will go on the girls princess cake. (The girls and I had agreed upon a flowers and butterflies theme and then after about a week any time I would mention them Em would pipe up and add "...and princesses"...it took me a little bit to figure it out, but I have found a way to add a princess cake to their flowers and butterflies and Em is totally excited!)
I wanted these flames to curve around a bit, so I am drying them in a bowl to see if I can accomplish a more realistic fire...Some of my decorations are being dried on a piece of paper in a large plastic container and I anticipate that they will be dry in the morning.  In a pinch they can also be put in the dehydrator and be ready in about an hour!
I can't wait to show off the finished products, these next three cakes are going to be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment