Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Project "Glessner Wedding" progress

Today I got 3 of 6 layers of cake baked for the Glessner wedding cake plus I got most of the flowers done for around the fountain.  This is going to be my first cake with a fountain under it and I am totally excited about that!  It took me a little while to figure out exactly how the flowers should be arranged on the cake, but today as I was working it all came together for me.
Originally we had talked about flowers that cascaded down and around the cake, but then we added a cake pick and changed the way the layers would be stacked and put on columns and I had to rethink the flowers.  The last thing I want to make is a cake that is too busy!   
 
The grooms aunt asked me at the bridal shower if I had a picture of the cake I am planning on making and I do not.  I like all of my cakes to be original, though I do take inspiration from other peoples work. The pictures above show some of the details that will be included in this cake, such as the way it is stacked and the use of basket weave on the sides.  We have decided on a round cake with the bottom being a 16" cake and the middle being a 12" cake and these will be stacked.  Then the top will be a 6" round cake that sits on top of columns.  All three layers will have a basket-weave on the sides and they will be accented with roses, daisies and hydrangeas that match the bridal bouquets.  Last, but not least, the whole cake will be put on a stand that has a fountain and floral arrangement below it.  I can't wait to have it finished and photographed!  This is going to be one awesome cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment