Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Yet another sad day, but things seem to be getting better...

I have had trouble getting motivated today.  For the first part of the day I was very attentive to "Pretty Boy" and still in half shock from the attack.  I found myself having trouble focusing on things to completion and feeling lost. 
After the attack on our flock yesterday we were left with two injured birds.  Sadly Aiden's duck "Pretty Boy" didn't make it and passed away midday today.  I wanted to make sure the kids had a chance to say good-bye to him so I waited to bury him until after school.  Aiden chose to put him beside the garage next to my Daddy's headstone.  So I dug a big hole and we said our goodbyes and then we planted a flower on top of his grave and added Aiden's favorite Quartz rock as a headstone.  
 11 green sad face free cliparts that you can download to you computer ...   Sad and angry smiley  11 green sad face free cliparts that you can download to you computer ...
After "Pretty Boy" passed anger and sadness overtook me and I had to get outside and get some of the nervous energy out.  Mom and I started in the L-shaped chicken run, where "Big Boy" and one of our hens that is looking rough are in rehab.  We took an old house out of the run and moved their boat in. There are also a couple of ducks in the run, we found our missing duck and had to dig her out from under the coop and then give her a friend.  We turned on the electric fence again and buried the rest of the casualties from yesterday. Basically we just kept pushing through the time exhausting ourselves as we went, but it was better than feeling the pain of our loss.

Free Cub Scout Clip Art - ClipArt BestTonight I had Cub Scouts and the meeting went well, even though I didn't prep for it until today...We compared weights of coins on a balancing scale that we made, then we learned about some plants at the Mill Mountain Zoo wildflower garden and planted some wildflowers of our own.  Things are looking up this evening and I am excited to go shopping for wedding cake supplies tomorrow.  For now it is time to relax before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment